Eugene Forsey Liberal

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stéphane Dion is the Real Thing

“If you know another politician able to work as I am doing, without any safety net and accepting questions from everyone and having a good reaction from everyone, as I did [Tuesday] night, give me the name.” S. Dion, 24/09/08
Never a truer word was said. When I think of Dion, I always think of that scene in The West Wing episode when Josh hears Bartlet speak and rings Sam to tell him he's seen "the real thing". Stéphane Dion is the real thing. He was on CPAC Tuesday, taking all sorts of questions from UBC students at an open forum. Typical Dion. Loving the meatiness, the discussion of politics & policy, dealing well with some odd questions, completely at ease, and in his second language of course. Never trying to escape into vagueness but trying to respect the questioners by answering the questions on their merits in detail. And at end, if ever there was a Dion moment, it's when Dosanjh announces they only have time for one more question and Dion sees there's someone waiting disappointed at the 2nd mic and he goes "we'll take two". Stéphane Dion, the real thing.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger MikeD said…

    Yeah, I've seen Dion being interviewed a lot lately and he has been pretty impressive. I don't think I've seen Harper being interviewed at all in any unscripted settings. Why does the press give Harper a free ride when he allows them little candid access and why do they give Dion such a hard time when he makes himself so available? Who's the wimp?

     
  • At 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's over; just read Ledrew, Kinsella, & Jane Taber today for what everyone already knows. The contenders are soon going to be outing themselves with efforts to distance themselves from Dion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home