Reading in Good Faith
I started this blog in a fit of anger, back in the Summer of 2006. Over time, I wrote posts, started a couple of twitter accounts which though lacking in official followers, seemed useful in political engagement, and created two facebook accounts, used only for online political activities. As I was working as a polemicist, much of what I have written has been sharp-tongued, and as the preceding post makes clear, I am happy to correct any and all mistakes and excesses. To go back and read through all my posts to find things to criticise, would be easy enough, given their polemical tone. And there are a few occasions where I have given voice to extremely odd hypotheses, knowing how odd they would sound, but it was my honest impression they might be true, even knowing that.
I have not written many posts for a year now, for various reasons. And like everyone, I am sure my life has its elements which can be criticised, many of which I am doubtless unaware myself, although in these matters much depends on how things are presented.
I do not think I have the time or resources to sit down and carefully edit everything I wrote, once upon a time, as a polemicist, in which role I thought I had some success. As noted, I am happy to respond to any and all complaints. I can think of a lot things I would change myself. One writes in good faith, as a kind of polemicist, and that is that, as far as one is concerned.
It would seem that some associations from my past may be used against me. I don't know if in self-defense I should name them and what I suspect, since I fear that if I was wrong, I would do them unjustified harm. But they may be looking to hurt me, themselves, with false accusations, or as negative depictions of me as possible.
I'm pretty sure there is enough media interest in certain elements related to me, that given journalists' nature, they are going to do some story or other, sooner or later. But I do not want to hurt anyone who does not deserve it, and even if they do, can it be avoided? It seems like they are willing to use almost any kind of method to get a story, despite all the hurt that can be done.
Kim McWilliam, my ex-girlfriend, seems to be at the centre of things. I have a great opinion of her, so I don't know what her connection can be. It seems to include people in the media, including people Kim has known, and their enmity for me, and for her, perhaps. A doctor seems to be involved. And some prominent people in society, maybe media, maybe Hollywood-related. The name Russell Hornsby keeps being mentioned. As far as I know, these are all private matters that writing about on this blog should not affect. And for some reason, these things have led to many problems for me. I'm not a journalist - despite everything, I want to avoid hurting other people, especially if they are blameless. And journalists are supposed to distinguish between matters of public interest and crap.
So if I am wrong, I ask no-one use this as an excuse to do anything, especially anything harmful. No-one deserves their life being messed with for mere titillation. And we all have our failings, our moments of embarrassment, of weakness. I will quickly remove this post and a previous one, and others, if it becomes clear I am wrong.
I have not written many posts for a year now, for various reasons. And like everyone, I am sure my life has its elements which can be criticised, many of which I am doubtless unaware myself, although in these matters much depends on how things are presented.
I do not think I have the time or resources to sit down and carefully edit everything I wrote, once upon a time, as a polemicist, in which role I thought I had some success. As noted, I am happy to respond to any and all complaints. I can think of a lot things I would change myself. One writes in good faith, as a kind of polemicist, and that is that, as far as one is concerned.
It would seem that some associations from my past may be used against me. I don't know if in self-defense I should name them and what I suspect, since I fear that if I was wrong, I would do them unjustified harm. But they may be looking to hurt me, themselves, with false accusations, or as negative depictions of me as possible.
I'm pretty sure there is enough media interest in certain elements related to me, that given journalists' nature, they are going to do some story or other, sooner or later. But I do not want to hurt anyone who does not deserve it, and even if they do, can it be avoided? It seems like they are willing to use almost any kind of method to get a story, despite all the hurt that can be done.
Kim McWilliam, my ex-girlfriend, seems to be at the centre of things. I have a great opinion of her, so I don't know what her connection can be. It seems to include people in the media, including people Kim has known, and their enmity for me, and for her, perhaps. A doctor seems to be involved. And some prominent people in society, maybe media, maybe Hollywood-related. The name Russell Hornsby keeps being mentioned. As far as I know, these are all private matters that writing about on this blog should not affect. And for some reason, these things have led to many problems for me. I'm not a journalist - despite everything, I want to avoid hurting other people, especially if they are blameless. And journalists are supposed to distinguish between matters of public interest and crap.
So if I am wrong, I ask no-one use this as an excuse to do anything, especially anything harmful. No-one deserves their life being messed with for mere titillation. And we all have our failings, our moments of embarrassment, of weakness. I will quickly remove this post and a previous one, and others, if it becomes clear I am wrong.


5 Comments:
At 7:09 AM,
Eugene Forsey Liberal said…
It is sometimes insinuated that Tony Lacavera of Wind Mobile has played a role in events, keeping track of things, but as yet, just an insinuation, unless investigations could provide further evidence.
At 7:25 AM,
Eugene Forsey Liberal said…
This is really a stand-alone post - readers should not have to dig through old archives to find relevant information.
At 7:25 AM,
Eugene Forsey Liberal said…
Or irrelevant information, as the case may be. :)
At 7:33 AM,
Eugene Forsey Liberal said…
I'm just a lowly blogger trying to do his bit. Journalists know more about these things than me, and are better able to judge.
At 7:41 PM,
Eugene Forsey Liberal said…
Matt Galloway.
Post a Comment
<< Home