Eugene Forsey Liberal

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Good Faith, Good Will...and Fallibility

This blog has always been written in good faith and good will, as have my twitter accounts, etc., and I have repeatedly said I was willing to correct and apologise for any mistakes or excesses that were brought to my attention. This has rarely occurred. But I restate that policy here, for any interested parties, as regards everything in this blog. I think I have done a noteworthy amount of good, but everyone makes mistakes, commits excesses. If any are pointed out to me, I will happily apologise and make the needed corrections. On a couple of occasions, I have said things that seem very odd, as a result of observations and knowledge. I have acknowledged at the time these were odd statements, but felt obliged to make them, as they seemed true.

I am proud of this blog, and the work I have done, in various ways, to try to work for the common good, as I see it. I think I accomplished quite a bit. But, as previously stated, these things are subjective and I quite understand how some could disagree.

I hope that I, and others, are always of good faith and understanding about these things. Liberal democracy requires that we try to have as free speech as possible, within reasonable limits, about which reasonable people can disagree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home