Health Tax In QC, But Regressive, Not Progressive
Not a bad idea, or precedent on which to build, tax-wise, but should be progressive, like Kent's superior model.
So while principle is OK, I agree with Marois' & Khadir's criticism: «Les Québécois vont payer 200 $ de plus par année, pour avoir exactement les mêmes services» de soutenir Pauline Marois. «C'est une taxe régressive. Tout le monde paiera la même chose sans égard aux revenus» déplore Amir Khadir, de Québec solidaire.
Trans. But Parti Québécois leader Pauline Marois said the government did nothing to improve management of the health system. The new fee won’t improve health care because it will simply cover the expected growth in spending, she said. “Users will pay more but they’ll get exactly the same services,” Marois said.
Khadir: It's a regressive tax. Everyone will pay the same amount without taking their income into account.
So while principle is OK, I agree with Marois' & Khadir's criticism: «Les Québécois vont payer 200 $ de plus par année, pour avoir exactement les mêmes services» de soutenir Pauline Marois. «C'est une taxe régressive. Tout le monde paiera la même chose sans égard aux revenus» déplore Amir Khadir, de Québec solidaire.
Trans. But Parti Québécois leader Pauline Marois said the government did nothing to improve management of the health system. The new fee won’t improve health care because it will simply cover the expected growth in spending, she said. “Users will pay more but they’ll get exactly the same services,” Marois said.
Khadir: It's a regressive tax. Everyone will pay the same amount without taking their income into account.


1 Comments:
At 5:39 PM,
Anonymous said…
Yes it's regressive but c'est la vie...we're in deep doo doo and the piper has to be paid.
I would have liked to see deeper cuts to the civil service and immediate tuition increases.
The rise in the PST I can live with too.
I want to know what this extra 15-17 billion extra in services more than Ontario that we pay for is.
I also want an inquiry called to see why we pay 30% more on infrastructure projects in this province...as it also contributes to our deficit and debt.
Post a Comment
<< Home