Eugene Forsey Liberal

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Elizabeth Lambert Can Play For Me Anytime

I don't play dirty & I don't like dirty play, but in the famous words of Benigni's Bob (goto 6.30 mark), "You--you trow ball against me? I trow ball against you!". I agree with this interpretation. I'd add that job one of defenders, in football as in any sport, is to impose physical dominance, voire, intimidation. Any smart forward doesn't raise the stakes by starting shit, because they know any decent defender is going to finish it, and them. I don't agree, in the abstract, with any of the stuff Lambert & BYU did, one shouldn't start stuff like that, but if someone starts it, on the pitch, one has no choice but to level things by responding appropriately. It's no coincidence that the award for playoff MVP in the NHL is named after the guy who said "If You Can't Beat'Em in the Alley...". Not being a neanderthal Leaf fan, I'd moderate that by saying you only really have to be able to stand up to them in the alley, on equal terms. Finally, I'd conclude that I consider this entire post fitting and timely political advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home