Bonhomme à la une, un exemple de l'instrumentalisation cynique par les politiciens, etc.
Ça vaut même pas la peine d'en parler, mais puisque le monde se comporte comme des cons, à notre déshonneur, je rappelle à tous (vous le savez déjà, sans doute) que construire une polémique sur la une drôle et somme tout, anodine, de Macleans, afin de faire avancer ses propres intérêts politiques (tous partis confondus) et psychologiques ne représente pas le summum de la gloire. Le PLQ qui ne demande pas mieux que de faire oublier ses histoires un instant, le PQ et autres parties d'opposition que tentent de jouer la carte sempiternelle de l'affrontement avec les méchants anglos, ces types bizarres, les anglos de gauche insécurisés, pitoyables, qui cherchent toute occasion pour affirmer leur solidarité avec le bon p'tit peuple, sans rien comprendre (toutefois, je préfère cette attitude inconsciemment condescendante à celle des vrais francophobes), les partis fédéraux, désespérés, qui sautent sur l'occasion, etc.. On connaît la chanson, et la toune est vieille et usée. À ceux d'entre vous qui s'y reconnaissent, sachez que votre comportement est reconnu comme étant indigne. Je reconnais que c'est un exemple typique de l'instrumentalisation cynique dont il est cas partout sur la plBanète. Mais quand même. De grâce. Ne pourrons-nous pas viser plus haut, plus juste? Ma seule critique de Macleans et de Coyne serait l'incohérence de prétendre qu'il y a nécessairement lien entre l'implication de l'État dans l'économie, et la corruption : et moi qui croyais que les pays scandinaves faisaient assez bonne figure dans les comparaisons de l'intensité de la corruption entre sociétés...


1 Comments:
At 10:15 PM,
Eugene Forsey Liberal said…
In the case of l'Affaire Bonhommme, I was hoping to avoid it as I didn't want to make it grow. But when I judged it was unavoidable, I tried on the one hand to take a tone in French to de-dramatise it, a tone which I noted some others used as well, susequently, while providing a couple of counter-arguments.
First, in French, noting that it was false to link government involvement in the economy with corruption, given the least corrupt countries are the Scandinavians etc, an argument which proved useful for others. Then, in English, bringing into play the question of comparability, ex., Alberta's political culture. This theme became a popular counter-argument by defenders of Quebec's honour - the "most" corrupt? Compared to who? Now, these things may have happened on their own, but before I wrote these pieces, the reaction was outrage or denial, not counterattack. I do not know of anyone makig the Scandinavian counter-argument before me, and I think I may have helped the comparibility response along, though these things are subjective. For example, Lisée was one of several who made similar arguments to mine after me, but that could be coincidence. Nothing wrong with it if not coincidence, given prevailing standards, and given that was my aim.
My aim was to try to keep the peace, and promote national unity, by defending Quebec while also downplaying the gravity of the thing. Ad when things were geting vicious, mocking Parliament's censure of Macleans in its comments and defending Andrew Coyne: À lire, absolumment : "Canada Is A French Country"
The scandinavian argument was useful, I think I helped get people think about comparability, and @rumminegge had a good twitter argument with @acoyne, as I quoted Macleans own poll results that contradicted the spin they were giving the affair - points which Macleans attempted to address in the subsequent week's editorial. Judging from my results from Topsy, the acoyne argument was deleted from rumminegge's feed by the vandals who have deleted so much of my stuff, and topsy reports no rumminegge results for acoyne (vandals too?). But if nothing dies on the web, perhaps there's a way to find this stuff.
So here's an example of providing arguments and trying to provide a suitable tone. Neutrals, reviewing things, would have to decide for themselves if they detect influence. But I felt there was.
Post a Comment
<< Home